3.9.09

Ty

I met this lil dude named Ty the other day. I was at registration for school & it was community service day. At one point these lil kids came through. We (myself & the other incoming freshman & team leaders) spent some time with them. We played ping pong, soccer, uno, twister...so forth & so forth.

I spotted Ty sitting by himself & i went over to him & told him to hoola hoop with me. He didnt really want to but he came outside with me anyway. I spent most of the short amount of time my group had with the kiddies with Ty & i really got to know him.

He appears to be a really good kid. He has big dreams & aspirations.
He wants to play pro football or join the army or swat. Yall shouldve seen how his eyes lit up when he was talking about it. It tugged at my heart & made me sad because theres the possibility that he could be led astray.

He's a samrt kid (he knew what "deter" means & hes like 12/13..lol". I really wish he succeeds.
Ima tell yall like i told him: 5-6 years from now i wanna be sitting in front of the tv, watching him play pro ball & living his dreams to the fullest. I dont want him to be another negative statistic.

ima keep dude in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment