18.1.10

photographs.

my former photography professor says there are two types of photographers:
1. the ones who go out & look for things to photograph
&
2. the ones who turn every day things into photographs.

even though lots of my photography is abstract, i believe im both.
i go more for black & white photographs. i find them to be more classic & timeless.
im up for color photos as well. it really depends. the essence of certain things is better showcased in black & white.
i like to experiment.

i dont usually share my photography but idk. im in a sharing mood pour le moment.
and dont mind the hint of flash on the 1st four. they were shot with a pentax k1000 (the old school all manual camera---it uses film) so i took pics of the pics & cropped out the mounting boards with my camera phone.
i took these for a light & shadow assignment a month or so back.
this was by far my favorite assignment.
the 1st of the top three i shot outside of my house a while ago. the last two, i shot last month during a night on the town with my bestie & co. might include em in this collection i plan on doing on miami. its still untitled as of now. none of the titles ive thought of thus far have done my (3rd) city justice. but we'll see..
fyi: they were shot with my camera phone (samsung memoir). tell me that shit isnt bad ass.

im not working on any major photography until i can get the canon rebel.
no camera besides my phone at the moment. =( =( =(
i'll keep taking pics with my memoir though.
& perhaps i'll keep sharing

ps: take my pics & claim em as your own & we'll have a problem. please dont try me.

No comments:

Post a Comment