31.10.09

m[issing] i[n] a[ction]

i've been gone a nice lil minute. my apologies. life is just so hectic right now. this is honestly the only time i've had to myself [even though technically im not by myself..everyones running around being their usual loud asses----except moms. she's knocked ouuuuuuut. anyways..] & i've decided to share some of it with yall cuz i <3> yall so much.

ima do a lil updating. let yall know what i've been up to, whats been going on & all that:

-school has become more & more challenging. not because of content but because of the amount of work that needs to be put into getting all my assignments done

[i have an essay or a speech, a paper or a photography assignment due just about every other week & that probably seems like plenty of time but between attending classes, lectures, work, meetings & rehearsals---my time is limited. by the time i get home at around 11pm on a good day, im done for.]


-Video Mayhem is creeping up on us so rehearsals are getting longer and tougher but im super excited.
[i love performing plus i think we are blessed with the best choreographers ever. believe that]

-im learning that my mistrust of dudes is pretty much justified.
[there are exceptions to every rule..i already know this]

-im also learning that im not always right so when im wrong---i need to get the fuck over it

-i have a new-found appreciation for Teyana Taylor


-im becoming more confident. sometimes im a bit shy

[key word: sometimes]


-im learning more about myself thanks to my communications & public speaking class

-my parents are looking for that house i mentioned in a previous post & guess who
finally gets their own room
[yipeee]


-i dont know what the heck to do with my hair. [im in dier need of a perm. like fareal but i think im gonna just keep my hair braided till i have to get it done for the show. that way afterwards i'll stick to perms and treatments & all that. think i need a break from weaves so my hair can grow to its full potential]

-im "officially" a u.s citizen
[i've been one since like '05 or '07 or something but i never swore in sooooo it wasnt official till yesterday morning..bla bla bla]

-my dads cousins daughter is staying with us till i dont know when & im finding it really irritating.
[i have nothing against her. i just really dislike having folks around me all the time. i like my space but shes fam so whatever. im sucking it up]

um...what else...?


-i cant wait for spring break!

[Barry has this thing called Alternative Spring Break where we go to another city, this year its Washington, & do community service like habitat for humanity or something. i really wanna take part in that so hopefully O.I. wont have any shows on deck so i can go..]


-though im only a freshman, i really wanna get college over with.
[i love the experience but im ready to begin my career..]

-ive been doing a good job at distancing myself & M Dot
[pats self on the back]


&


-i honestly think that im at my best when im productive
so i welcome the craziness. bring it!

=)

p.s: im on my way to peep all my fave blogs so expect comments sweets. i missed yall!
xoxxooo

2 comments:

  1. officially a U.S. citizen now? So, judging from your comment on my page...I'm going to assume you are originally from a francophone country? If so, I'm jealous LOL.

    Congrats though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im from Haiti. Im not fluent in french but i understand a good bit & can say the basics.

    & thank you kindly. =)

    ReplyDelete